| Pack size
|| 375 g
| Veg / Nonveg
|| Muscle Gain & Size
| Serving Size
|| 5 g
| No. of Servings
| Key Ingredients
|| Micronized L-Glutamine
| Cost Per Serving (Rs.)
|| Rule 1
|| Amino Acids
• Glutamine is a conditionally essential amino acid with 60% presence in the total amino acid pool in the body
• It has functions in 3 organ systems – brain, GI tract and immune system
• Although glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body’s amino acid pool, still the requirement increases with the workout. This makes supplementation imperative
• The intense workout uses up the existing glutamine stores, hence body breaks down muscle mass to get glutamine
• Thus, an exogenous supply of glutamine prevents the breakdown of muscles for glutamine and aids in faster muscle recovery
• 1 scoop of Rule 1 glutamine provides 5gm glutamine to replenish used stores during the workout
• Rule 1 Glutamine arrests the breakdown of muscle post workout and reduces the recovery period
• It is the most effective supplement for optimal muscle recovery post training
• It promotes anabolism, boosts the immune system and also enhances muscle glycogen storage
• Rule 1 glutamine is micronized for quick absorption - Micronisation is the procedure of fine grinding the powder which makes micronized powder 20 times finer than normal powder
• The micronized structure ensures better mixability and faster absorption
• Micronised product stays suspended in the liquid form and does not gets sedimented
Rule 1 Glutamine – For optimal results, Use 2 scoops per day.
One scoop in 250-350 ml of water, 45-60 mins pre workout and one scoop post workout in 250-350 ml of water.
Q.1 What is R1 GLUTAMINE?
- R1 GLUTAMINE supplies 5g of glutamine per serving, which works to rapidly replenish the glutamine used during training.
Q.2 What is Glutamine?
- Glutamine is a non-essential amino acid, most abundant in the human blood, and is in great demand throughout the body due to the fact, that it is involved in three of the most crucial elements of the body - the brain, the GI tract and the immune system.
- In physically stressful situations such as intense or long duration exercise, there is a huge depletion of glutamine stores. Since glutamine plays such a vital role in the metabolism of the body as stated above, the body does not tolerate low levels and starts catabolizing skeletal muscle for more glutamine. This is so because the body would rather bear up with skeletal muscle catabolism than risk survival.
- Since skeletal muscle has a direct bearing on human physical performance, sports nutrition cannot allow catabolizing of skeletal muscles for glutamine.
- Thus sports nutrition terms this non-essential crucial amino acid as a conditionally essential amino acid and recommends oral supplementation with glutamine to fill up the deficient glutamine stores post exercise exogenously.
- Glutamine prevents catabolism of muscles, promotes anabolism, boosts immune system and enhances glycogen storage in muscles.
Q.3 Is Glutamine found in natural foods?
- The foods that commonly contain glutamine include beef, fish, poultry, eggs, dairy products and legumes.
Q.4 What is Micronized Glutamine?
- As the name suggests, micronized glutamine is regular glutamine powder that has been micronized.
- Micronizing is the process of grinding the powder to an ultra-fine form, usually about 20 times finer than regular powder.
- Micronization improves the mixability of the product in liquid and enhances absorption.
- Micronized Glutamine powder when mixed in liquid stays suspended and does not result in sedimentation.
Q.5 I have just joined gym can I take R1 GLUTAMINE?
- But first make sure you fulfill your basic protein requirement.
Q.6 Will R1 GLUTAMINE help me gain muscle mass?
- 60% of total amino acid pool in muscle is made up of Glutamine.
- It does not play a role in muscle protein synthesis. But has an anti-catabolic effect under stressful condition and prevents breakdown of existing muscle mass.
- It is an anti-catabolic amino acid.
Q.7 Can I take R1 GLUTAMINE Pre & Post workout?
Q.8 What is the best time to take R1 GLUTAMINE?
- The best time to take R1 GLUTAMINE is pre-workout, post-workout and bed-time, with 5g as the ideal dosage.
Q.9 Can I take R1 GLUTAMINE with BCAAs?
- BCAAs along with Glutamine give anabolic boost as well as anti-catabolic effect and help in muscle gain.
Q.10 Is R1 GLUTAMINE safe?
- It is completely safe to consume as it is one of the non-essential amino acid which body can prepare on its own. However, in an exercising individual the requirement of glutamine increases. Hence supplementation is must.