| Pack size
|| 2 Lbs
|| Banana Cream
| Veg / Nonveg
|| Muscle Gain & Size
| Serving Size
|| 32.5 g
| No. of Servings
| Kcal/ Serving
| Protein/ Serving (g)
| Cost Per Gram Of Protein (Rs.)
| Carbs/Serving (g)
| Sugar/Serving (g)
| Primary Protein Source
|| Micellar Casein
| Key Ingredients
|| Micellar Casein
| MRP (Rs)
| Total Protein/Jar (g)
| Cost Per Serving (Rs.)
|| Optimum Nutrition
| Protein %
Faster digesting protein is desirable immediately before and after exercise to help refuel recovering muscles, but slow digestion and absorption may be more beneficial at other times including bedtime when your body typically goes for hours without food.
Casein products are acid sensitive and thicken in the stomach. Compared to some other proteins, it can take longer for our Gold Standard 100% Casein™ to be broken down into its amino acid subcomponents.
By using only premium micellar casein as a protein source, we've created a formula that sets the standard for slow digesting protein support 24g of Micellar Casein.
Add one heaping scoop of ON Gold Standard 100% Casein to a shaker cup filled with 300-350ml of water. Cover and shake for 25-30 seconds or till completely dissolved.
- What is Casein protein?
- Casein Protein is the pre dominant protein in milk consisting of about 80% of total milk protein.
- It is a slow digesting protein that provides a steady stream of amino acids to muscles -up to 7 hours.
- Due its property of getting digested slowly it is also known as Bedtime Protein
- What is Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Casein product?
- Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Casein contains Micellar Casein
- Casein is high in essential amino acids, thus contributing to maintain and grow muscle mass
- Difference between Casein & whey protein
- Milk protein consists of 2 types of protein i.e. Casein (80%) and Whey (20%)
- Casein is a slow digesting protein--7 Hours whereas whey is Fast acting
- What is micellar casein?
- In milk, casein exists in micellar form. This is casein’s natural form which is insoluble and forms lobules in stomach when ingested.
- Hence, Takes long duration to digest.
- Can I take if I am lactose intolerant?
- Casein is Milk Protein. Hence, Casein din isolated form will have trace amount of lactose.
- However, if you are completely lactose intolerant we would suggest u to restrict the consumption.
- I am vegetarian, can I take casein protein?
- Yes you can, as it is a milk protein.
- Can't I just drink milk instead of taking casein protein?
- No, drinking milk cannot be a substitute for casein for two good reasons. Firstly, the quantity of milk you need, to get the required amount of casein is very large which is practically not possible to consume at one time
- Secondly, the rate of absorption of casein needed for muscle building is hampered in milk due to presence of other components like fat and sugar unlike in pure casein supplement
- Will Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Casein help loose fat as well as building muscle mass?
- Casein is Anti catabolic. It will prevent muscle loss.
- Also, It is a slow digesting protein hence will help build muscle and loose fat simultaneously.
- Can casein be consumed Pre and post workout?
- It can be consumed Pre workout for sustained amino acid release during workout.
- Post workout whey is a better choice for anabolic boost