| Pack size
|| 2 Lbs
| Veg / Nonveg
|| Muscle Gain & Size
| Serving Size
|| 34 g
| No. of Servings
| Kcal/ Serving
| Protein/ Serving (g)
| Cost Per Gram Of Protein (Rs.)
| Carbs/Serving (g)
| Sugar/Serving (g)
| Primary Protein Source
|| Micellar Casein
| Total Protein/Jar (g)
| Cost Per Serving (Rs.)
|| Optimum Nutrition
| Protein %
ON 100% Gold Standard Casein is a high-quality casein protein containing only Micellar Casein, a slow digesting form of casein that provides anti-catabolic support for an extended period of time.
- Sometimes slower is better - especially when it comes to the rate of protein digestion.
- Rapid protein absorption is required immediately before or after exercise, delayed release is probably more beneficial throughout the remainder of the day.
- Casein proteins are pH sensitive and gel in the acidic environment of the stomach. Hence, it can take more than twice as long for caseins to be broken-down into their amino acid subcomponents than whey and other proteins.
- Because they have unique time-released qualities, caseins are aptly described as anti-catabolic or muscle-protecting proteins.
- Micellar casein is an extremely slow digesting and rich protein source that continues to feed your muscles long after whey proteins have dropped off. In fact, studies of the undenatured form of isolated casein protein (Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1997 Dec 23; 94(26):14930-5) have demonstrated it to sustain steady amino acid elevations for an incredible 7 hours.
- It was shown to give a strong anti-catabolic effect not noticed with fast digesting whey protein and actually fostered a much more positive overall net protein balance in comparison.
- ON 100% Gold Standard Casein provides:
- 24 g of Highly Anti-Catabolic MICELLAR CASEIN
- 5g of Naturally Occurring BCAAS per scoop nearly
- 5g of Naturally Occurring Glutamine and Glutamic Acid per Scoop
- AMINOGEN Enhanced.
- Gold Standard Casein is a slow digesting protein that provides a steady stream of amino acids to muscles.
- Protein Requirement for a sedentary individual is 0.8-1g/kg body weight. However for an exercising individual the requirement increases upto 1.5-2g/kg body weight depending on activity levels.
- Therefore, depending on your daily protein requirement and intake through diet, you can increase the number of servings to be taken throughout the day.
- For e.g.: if you have 120g as your daily protein requirement and you are able to consume 60g of protein through your diet, then the rest of the protein deficit can be fulfilled by consuming 2-3 servings of protein supplement.
- Take 1scoop before bed-time to provide amino acids in a sustained release manner for an extended period of time during your 8 hours of fasting -Your Sleep!
- What is Casein protein?
- Casein Protein is the pre dominant protein in milk consisting of about 80% of total milk protein.
- It is a slow digesting protein that provides a steady stream of amino acids to muscles -up to 7 hours.
- Due its property of getting digested slowly it is also known as Bedtime Protein
- What is Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Casein product?
- Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Casein contains Micellar Casein
- Casein is high in essential amino acids, thus contributing to maintain and grow muscle mass
- Difference between Casein & whey protein
- Milk protein consists of 2 types of protein i.e. Casein (80%) and Whey (20%)
- Casein is a slow digesting protein--7 Hours whereas whey is Fast acting
- What is micellar casein?
- In milk, casein exists in micellar form. This is casein’s natural form which is insoluble and forms lobules in stomach when ingested.
- Hence, Takes long duration to digest.
- Can I take if I am lactose intolerant?
- Casein is Milk Protein. Hence, Casein din isolated form will have trace amount of lactose.
- However, if you are completely lactose intolerant we would suggest u to restrict the consumption.
- I am vegetarian, can I take casein protein?
- Yes you can, as it is a milk protein.
- Can't I just drink milk instead of taking casein protein?
- No, drinking milk cannot be a substitute for casein for two good reasons. Firstly, the quantity of milk you need, to get the required amount of casein is very large which is practically not possible to consume at one time
- Secondly, the rate of absorption of casein needed for muscle building is hampered in milk due to presence of other components like fat and sugar unlike in pure casein supplement
- Will Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Casein help loose fat as well as building muscle mass?
- Casein is Anti catabolic. It will prevent muscle loss.
- Also, It is a slow digesting protein hence will help build muscle and loose fat simultaneously.
- Can casein be consumed Pre and post workout?
- It can be consumed Pre workout for sustained amino acid release during workout.
- Post workout whey is a better choice for anabolic boost